Photobucket

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chinese Bible

Some time ago I noticed a man reading what looked like the Bible at my favourite food court. Then I noticed him more often and could never see what he was reading and did not want to ask him either, seeing that this is actually a Muslim country and I did not want to interfere. After a week he was joined by another man and they had lengthy discussions. Today the new man stopped at my table and greeted me and told me that they were reading the Bible. He took note that I had all these Basic Chinese books open in an effort to learn Chinese. So we chatted a bit. I told him I copy very simple sentences from the Chinese Bible Online to try memorize with the characters and all and showed him my little notebook - the one I read while I walk down the road and dodging the cars when I think about dodging cars. Then he gave me a gift - a Chinese Bible. I could find the verse I showed him, but for the rest I will have to learn a lot more Chinese! The verse is from Psalm 40:3 He put a new song in my mouth,. This Bible is now going to put many more new words in my mouth. I am so overwhelmed - here I am in a Muslim country and a total stranger gives me a Chinese Bible! May he be blessed out of his socks.


No comments:

Post a Comment