Photobucket

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Green socks for Cucu


I think this is a better size. I bought a pair of baby socks at Jusco and these cute sock moulds were inside them. So I figured they would make a nice gauge for me to use. It looks ever so cute.
I knitted these socks Turkish style. I did the figure of 8 cast on for the toe - 4 loops on each of the 2 needles. Then I knitted each needle 2 times and then to the tail. I use the tail as a marker for the centre front of the toe. I then started adding stitches between these 2 needles every second row till I had 4 + 8 + 4 + 8 sts. I rearranged the sts to 6 sts per needles, using 4 needles. The footpart is 15rows long. I did the waste yarn for holding the place for the heel which I did afterwards. The legpart is 10 rows and then I did mock garter st for the rib at the top - 1 row plain, 1 row purl, 1 row plain, 1 row purl. My cast off was as follows: Knit 2sts, knit them together, knit 1st, knit the 2 together, and so I continued till the end. It gives a much more elastic cast off, which one wants on a sock. I knitted with the cotton yarn I have. It is not my favourite yarn to wear for socks, but I don't have anything else to use now and I just needed to make socks again. The too-small sock I made earlier this week is now dangling on my backpack for a bit of decoration.


Cucu was born on 27 July 2011 and has long feet and the socks actually fits. On the photo he is a day old.

2 comments:

  1. You borrow the socks moulds from the shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the plastic moulds came with the socks I bought to use for sizing.

    ReplyDelete